Saturday, March 28, 2015

Tim Holtz Inspired Tag- March 2015

I have no idea why I wait so long to post my tags...I guess I am just one serious procrastinator. I procrastinated so horribly last month I didn't even get my tag posted. The past three months I have had my tags completed within the first week of the month. I really must do better... :)

Here is Tim's tag for March.


This month I really wanted to use my new Cracked Pistachio ink and I also wanted to try Tim's technique using a stencil, embossing or texture paste, & gold embossing powder.

So, here is what I ended up creating:

I try very hard not to purchase new things for my tags, so that I push myself not only creatively, but also use up some of the extra/older stuff I have laying around. I am glad to say I was able to use some stuff this month that has been in my scrap space for YEARS. Yay!

I started with some older Tim Holtz tissue tape on the manila tag. I swiped the the Cracked Pistachio distress paint onto my craft mat and spritzed it with a little water. I ran the tag through the paint/water mix and dried it with my heat gun. I then stamped and embossed my clocks with black ink and clear embossing powder. The clock stamp I used is smaller than this Tim Holtz clock. My stamp set with this particular clock is from a Visual Artistry set that Tim put out for stores like Hobby Lobby and Michaels. The images are the same as his larger cling sets, but are on a smaller scale. I masked over each clock and then used my Dot Fade layering stencil & embossing paste to create the raised dots on the tag. I only spread embossing paste where I wanted it, knowing that I didn't want to cover the whole tag. I then shook on some older gold embossing and embossed it once I allowed the embossing paste to dry. I mixed some Gold Perfect Pearls with water and splattered it here and there on the tag. 

Here is a close up of the gold embossed dots. The texture of this is my favorite part of this month's tag. That Tim Holtz is a genius!




The embellishments are a mixture of old and new as well. The mini 3, used because it is the third month of the year and also because we have three boys, was distressed with sand paper and I used a gold paint pen to add a little bit of gold to it. The fragment charm is painted with gold paint and then I used a TH rub-on on it. The "Here & Now" and "This is Life" rub-ons are from the same Remnant rub-on set as the "Lucky is a State of Mind". The "Once a Upon a Time" metal strip is a very old piece from Making Memories. Glad I could use it up, but I think I have more...Must of been bought during my phase of buying duplicates. 

The crinkle ribbon at the top was colored with Cracked Pistachio distress ink mixed with water and  gold perfect pearls. I dried it with my heat gun and then attached it to my tag. 


I am also going to include last month's tag. I won't go through all the details, but if you have a question about something I used or how I did something, please ask in the comments section and I will get you an answer. 

I hope I get time to post again before the end of next month. I am back to creating more (we had a few kid free days during Spring Break, thanks to my parents) and I spent a few days creating here and there. It is true that creativity breeds creativity. The more you create the more you want to create. Glad I found my mojo again. I sure I hope I can keep it going and we plunge head first into baseball season. 

Happy Creating,
Olivia


No comments:

Post a Comment