Thursday, January 15, 2015

January Sketch Challenge @ Cocoa Daisy

Here is Cocoa Daisy sketch for January:


I really loved Christine's take on the sketch. 



Such a beautiful and clean layout. I also love the color combination and the photo of the fall leaves. Photos of fall leaves always make me pause...God creates such beautiful things. 

Here is my layout. 

I chose to use the background blocks for pictures of Jude and scooted the journaling to the right side of the layout. I used bits and pieces of the January 2014 CD main kit "Blueprint" & the Day in the Life kit (bits & pieces are all I have left of this particular kit). I also used an older alpha set from Lilybee to complete the journaling. The journaling actually came from an Instagram post I made. I had to reword it a little to make it fit in the space I had, but the message remained the same- Jude was obsessed with balls at this age. 

I was tempted to add some additional splotches of color with a mister, but decided I liked the white background the way it was. Simple, clean, with the focus on the words and pictures. Totally works for me because telling the story is the most important part. :)

Happy Creating!

Olivia


No comments:

Post a Comment