Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Simon Says Stamp- Stamptember 2014

Thanks for coming back for today's project! Today's project is a little more simple & less time consuming than yesterday's banner.

I am always in need of tags for packages & handmade gifts in December. As I was making the dictionary text snowflakes for yesterday's banner I decided to cut out a few strips using the Sizzix/Tim Holtz Rosette Snowflake Decorative Strip Die. I found out that you do need to cut two strips in order to make the full rosette snowflake. So I ended up with four complete snowflakes after running eight dictionary text strips through my Big Shot. I also ended up with two small snowflakes that should be sandwiched on either side of the rosette snowflake when it is all glued together.

I did adhere my dictionary text to cardstock scraps before cutting it into to strips to die cut. The dictionary paper is really thin and needed the cardstock for stability.  Before folding the rosette snowflakes I added Distress Ink in Old Paper and Broken China to the pieces. I then folded the flakes & used a glue gun to attach the rosette to one of the snowflakes, filled the center of the rosette with hot glue to hold it together, then covered the center with another snowflake.

The finished tags look like this.

I used manilla shipping tags that I picked up at Hobby Lobby years ago. The "Merry Christmas & Happy New Year" phrase is from an older Hero Arts stamp set (CL538). I stamped a mid size snowflake from the Lots of Snowflakes stamp set in Broken China Distress ink on some cream colored cardstock, then fussy cut each one. I attached one snowflake on top of each of the Rosette Snowflakes using foam tape. I then adhered a pearl to each of the centers and then used Star Dust Stickles on the edges of the snowflakes underneath. 

Here is a close up of one of the centers, that shows the stamped snowflake from the Lots of Snowflakes stamp set.


I adhered the rosettes to the tags using hot glue because of how heavy the finished flakes were. To finish the tags I added gems, pearls, & ribbon to the top of each one. 

As you can see I am always conflicted about how to attach ribbon in a tag. I usually try it both ways before deciding which way I want to use it. I plan to leave these like this until I begin attaching them to the packages this Christmas. Then I'll decide which way looks better. 

Please leave any questions in the comments section. Tomorrow will be a Wordless Wednesday post of my sweet, babiest boy (I have three of those stinky, little boy people) & then Thursday I will be sharing another blog post using the Lots of Snowflakes set. 

Here is a sneak of Thursday's project.


No comments:

Post a Comment